Hail fay enchantresses and hearty lords, I’m here to bring you a wonderful tool that was shown to me by the great C&C modding den! This is a guide about how to unlock the full potential of TW:WH2 campaigns by editing your save games.
I WANT TO BE CLEAR THIS MOD WILL NOT GIVE YOU 40 UNITS IN ARMIES, BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD A SAVE PARSER WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO EDIT A SAVE GAME TO GET LARGER ARMIES.
I DID NOT MAKE THIS TOOL, AND I AM NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT FOR THE EFFECTS OF THIS TOOL! DON’T USE IT ON ANY SAVE YOU DON’T MIND RUINING! I USUALLY START A NEW CAMPAIGN, PLAY ONE TURN, AND THEN EDIT THE SAVE BEFORE ENJOYING THE MODDED CAMPAIGN.
First you will need to download the SaveParser from https://sourceforge.net/projects/saveparser/
(As shown on screenshot #3)
- Once you download the SaveParser you will need to unzip the application. You can do this by navigating to your [u]Downloads[/u] folder by searching for the “Downloads” in the address bar of File Explorer, or the Start Menu. Once you find [b]SaveParser.zip[/b], right click on it and select [u]”Extract All”[/u]. This will get the application ready to run.
- You will see a new folder called [b]”SaveParser”[/b]. Open this folder, and launch the SaveParser.exe. You will likely get an alert telling you that this program is not verified, and that it stopped you from running the program. You can bypass this if you would like. If you do not bypass this alert then you cannot use the SaverParser, and you should delete the SaveParser folder. I fully understand your hesitancy.
- Assuming the program launched you will now see a nice white window with several boxes and doodads. You’ll want to go open the [u]”File”[/u] dropdown, in the upper left hand corner (circled in purple in the screenshot), and select [b]’open savegame'[/b]. This will open another window that will show all your save games. If you do not see any save games then make sure you have a campaign savegame, or that you have not moved your save games. Note: the default for savegames is %AppData%\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\
- Once you have selected your savegame you must wait a few moments for the savegame to load. Once the savegame is loaded you must select the “Edit – Global” tab (circled in green on the screenshot), and then enter the number of units (circled in light blue) for all armies. You can have a lot of fun screwing around with this, but I think the maximum number of units any sane person would use is 40, but feel free to experiment. MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU MUST CLICK THE “max units in armies” BUTTON (circled in dark blue)! If you do not click this your changes will not be applied!
- After you have set the number of units per army you must go back to the “File” dropdown, in the upper left hand corner (circled in purple in the screenshot), and select ‘save savegame’ – gotta love that naming choice! It will take a few moments for the save to save, and then the new save will end with the suffix _SP. When you launch TW:WH2, you will need to select the modified save and enjoy the madness!
I’d highly recommend using my Zorbaz’s Greater Garrisons mod for balance reason. Also, you may enjoy my Zorbaz’s Campaign Compilation mod because it boosts recruitment, increases income, and boosts army movement. Both of these mods can be found on the steam workshop!
As always please feel free to suggest tweaks, or report chafing!